XorroQ is a student response system which increases student engagement and activity in class.
- Students can respond on most devices and responses are instantly available.
- Responses can be graded and automatically transferred to Moodle, or used as a jumping-off point for further discussion.
- XorroQ can be used live in class or as a self-paced activity. This is useful for FLEXI or NET papers.
To use Xorro-Q at the University of Waikato, we recommend that you first create a Xorro Facilitator account within the University of Waikato's institution account, then add Xorro-Q sessions to your papers as Moodle activities.
Creating a Xorro-Q Facilitator account
Please fill in this form to request an account, or if you need to upgrade your Xorro licence to use it with a class of more than 30 students. Once the account has been created, you will need to link it to your Moodle account. This will be done when you create your first Xorro activity in Moodle.
- Your Facilitator account username should be your University of Waikato username.
- Your email address should be your University one.
- Your password does not need to be the same as your University one.
To run a Xorro activity you may wish to download the Xorro-Q Launcher software.