Create an activity in Xorro-Q
Note: This page assumes that you have already created a University of Waikato facilitator account.
- Go to Xorro.com and select Facilitator Login at the top right of the page.
- Enter your University of Waikato username and your Xorro-Q password.
- At the top of the page, select Activities.
- At the top left, select Create Activity.
- Edit New Activity settings:
a. under Activity Type, select Real-Time or Self-Paced
b. tick Use for LTI to link with Moodle
c. under LTI Report Type, select Score or Participation
d. select whether to Permit repeats, and if so, select the Scoring Type
e. finally, select Create Activity at the bottom right.
You are now ready to Create Questions or Import Questions.
Note: To preview and test a Xorro-Q Real-Time activity, we recommend you Clone the activity and test the clone, so that you do not inadvertently make it inaccessible to students because it has already run.
Linking an Activity in Moodle and Xorro
- Go to your Moodle paper and select the Xorro-Q Activity.
- A Xorro-Q window will pop up. Select Link to the right of the corresponding activity.
Running a Xorro-Q Activity
- In Xorro-Q, select Run at centre right. This opens the activity's settings menu to allow a last review.
- Finally, select Launch at the bottom right of the pop-up window.
Note: Students join in by selecting the Xorro activity link in Moodle via their devices, in class or remotely.
Student view examples: