Lancaster University and the University of Waikato have been collaborating for nearly 20 years. The formal relationship began with Student Exchange and Study Abroad agreements; a Memorandum of Understanding was signed in 2017 to facilitate additional collaboration, including research. Reciprocal visits of small delegations from both universities renewed the commitment to increase collaboration and this led to the signing of the strategic alliance in September 2019.
Shared strategic aims:
- Increase research performance and impact
- Enrich staff and student experience
- Contribute positively to our reputation
- Share best practice amongst professional staff.
Our focus for 2022-23
- Research collaboration, building on our existing connections in psychology, environmental science, education and management.
- Student mobility and sharing best practice around pastoral care for students
- Collaboration between our university libraries.
- Working together to deliver a series of virtual/hybrid events focused on sustainability.