Associate Professor Anna Kingsbury
Associate Professor (Law)
Qualifications: BA Auck LLB MLIS Well LLM Melb LLM NYU SJD La Trobe
Dr Anna Kingsbury has been a full-time academic staff member in the Faculty of Law since 1997. She completed her Bachelor of Laws at Victoria University of Wellington, and has been admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand.
Dr Kingsbury holds a Masters in Law from the University of Melbourne, a Masters in Law specializing in Trade Regulation from New York University and a Doctorate in Juridical Science from La Trobe University.
Papers I Teach
- Masoni, Claudia (in progress) Indigenous Knowledge and Intellectual Property.
- Werner, Julia (in progress) Copyright Licensing of Musical Works.
- Greer, Shelly (in progress) Fair Use in Copyright Law.
- Intellectual Property Law & Policy
- Information Technology Law
- Competition Law
Dr Kingsbury's research has been published in refereed journals in the United States and the United Kingdom and Europe as well as in New Zealand.
Commercial/Contract Law; Law
Kingsbury, A. F. (2017). Media mergers: Is competition law enough?. ECLR: European Competition Law Review, 38(1), 8-17.
Kingsbury, A. F. (2017). Competition law: Recent price-fixing cases and agreed penalties. New Zealand Law Journal, (3), 90.
Kingsbury, A. F. (2016). Using the criminal law computer misuse provisions to protect confidential information. New Zealand Law Journal, 4, 6 pages. Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/10705
Kingsbury, A. F. (2016). Cartel regulation in New Zealand: Undermining the per se rule?. European Competition Law Review, 37(7), 282-289. Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/10710
Find more research publications by Anna Kingsbury
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Kingsbury, AProf Anna||4729||annak||N.4.11||Law, Faculty of|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room