Associate membership is available to members of partner organisations under specified programmes or reciprocal agreements. Enquiries about Associate Membership can be made at the Library Service Desk in the Student Centre Mondays to Fridays between 9am and 5pm, or contact email@example.com.
Those eligible for an Associate Membership include the following:
- Honorary Doctorates and Fellows of this University
- University of Waikato Medal holders
- University of Waikato Emeritus Professors
- Retired staff of this University
- Members of the University Council
- Staff and students of other New Zealand universities that are parties to the University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ) scheme.
- Wintec staff and students under the University of Waikato and Wintec Reciprocal Agreement
- Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology staff and students under the University of Waikato and Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology Reciprocal Agreement
- Some Waikato District Health Board staff (more information for WDHB staff is available from their Library)
- Graduates of a University who pay a membership fee (currently $100 per annum)
- Permanent staff of businesses that reside on the University of Waikato Hamilton Campus
- Landcare Research Hamilton staff
- NIWA Hamilton staff
- AgResearch Ruakura staff
Frequently Asked Questions
A card for photocopying is available from the Library Services desk on Level 2 of the Student Centre. Money is loaded onto the card using the Autoloader located in the Level 2 computer area.
No. Access to electronic resources is not part of associate membership, except where our licenses permit access to those visiting the Library in-person. These resources are accessible on-campus from allocated computers in the Library. Ask at a Library Service Counter for more information.
Audiovisual material may be used in the Library only, but not borrowed. You may use the AV facilities when they are not booked by University of Waikato staff or students. However, you may not place bookings.
Print journals may be used in the Library only, but not borrowed, and articles copied within the provisions of the Copyright Act.
- Associate Members may borrow up to 10 books. The loan period is one month, unless the item is recalled. Fines for late return of Recalled items is $3.00 per day.
- No access to Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Services
There is a small number of databases available on specific computers, that can be accessed by anyone visiting the Central Library.