Borrowing FAQ Examples
- What can I borrow from the Library?
- How long can I borrow an item for?
- Can postgraduates and staff borrow items for longer?
- How many items can I borrow?
- How do I borrow from the Library?
- Can I still borrow items without my ID Card?
- Where can I return items after hours?
- Where are the new books and journals?
- Where are the self-issue machines?
- Can I use the Library on Waikato and Tauranga campus?
Fines, Fees and Payments
- Will I get fined if the item is overdue?
- If I have fines on my account, can I still borrow items?
- What happens when an item is lost or damaged?
- When and where should I pay my fines?
- What happens if I can't pay my fines?
Requests, Renewals and Recalls
- What does it mean when the item I have borrowed is "recalled"?
- I still need the item that has been "recalled", why should I return it?
- How do I request an item?
- How do I collect/receive my requested items?
- Why is the item only issued for 7 days?
- How do I renew an item?
- I should be able to renew my item online, but I can't. Why?
- How do I request an Interlibrary Loan?
- What items can I request?
- Where can I view my Interlibrary Loan requests?
- Who can use Interlibrary Loan services?
- How do I place an urgent Interlibrary Loan request?
- How long will it take?
- Where do my notifications go?
- Are there any copyright restrictions on items?
- Where can I pick up my Interlibrary Loan?
- Can I renew my Interlibrary Loan?
- I have a query about my interlibrary loan, who do I contact?
High Demand Collection
- What is the High Demand Collection?
- How do I access the High Demand Collection?
- How do I issue an item from the high demand collection?
- How do I find out what's in the High Demand Collection for my paper?
- How do I borrow from the High Demand Collection?
- How long can I borrow High Demand Collection items for?
- How many High Demand Collection items can I borrow at a time?
- Can I book a High Demand Collection item in advance?
- How much can I photocopy from a book in the High Demand Collection?
- What is referencing?
- What is the purpose of referencing?
- Which sources do I need to provide references for?
- Which referencing style should I use?
- Do I need to use the same style throughout?
- How do I use my preferred referencing style?
- Are there example sheets for the referencing styles?
- I'm having trouble with APA Referencing, can I get further help?
- What is referencing management software, and how do I use it?
- Are there websites that can help format my references?
- Can I get further help with referencing my assignment?
- How do I deposit my University of Waikato Thesis to Research Commons?
- Where can I find University of Waikato Theses?
- How do I find material on Research Commons?
- Who can use Research Commons?
- How do I deposit my material to Research Commons (Staff)?
- Which version of my work should I deposit to Research Commons (Staff)?
- What material can be included in Research Commons (Staff)?