Support for Distance Students in New Zealand
You can also get support for finding and referencing information from skilled, knowledgeable Librarians in the following ways:
- Chat with a Librarian online
- Email [email protected]
- Call us on 0800 WAIKATO (0800 924 528) extension 9122
Do I Qualify as a Distance Student?
Some students are eligible to have books and articles mailed to their home address. If you meet the following criteria you can fill in the Register for Distance Services Form.
- Postgraduate students: your term-time place of residence is 80km or more from Hamilton campus
- Undergraduate students: your term-time place of residence is 80km or more from Hamilton campus and 50% or more of your papers are net or Tauranga papers
Students living closer to Hamilton with a genuine need to have books posted to them can request distance services by emailing the Collections Team Leader with a brief explanation of their need.
Library Material by Post within New Zealand
You can request library material through Library Search. These items are then posted to you. Please see the steps in the Request items section.
Items will be posted to the address you register on the Register for Distance Services Form. You will need to notify the library of any changes to your address.
Please allow 5-10 working days for the item to arrive. Track the progress of your request via My Account.
Register to receive items through the post
To receive distance services, including requesting items and having them posted to you, please fill in the Register for Distance Services Form to register your interest and confirm your eligibility.
The Library may have a print copy or electronic copy of a book. If an electronic copy is available, Library Search will link to it. You can request a print copy via Library Search.
- Search for the book's title in the search box and hit Enter
- Make sure you sign in (link on the yellow bar across the page)
- Locate the book in the results list
- Click on its title to go to its full record
- Click the request link near Request Options
- Click the drop down menu arrow next to Pickup Location
- Select Home address under Personal Delivery
- Click Request
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
Use Library Search to access full text online journal articles (see the Library Search guide). If it is only available in print, email [email protected], we will scan and email the article to you. Please include as much information about the journal article as possible in your email. The Library can also scan and email a chapter from a print book.
For more information on borrowing from the Library, please see Borrowing Information.
Locating Topic/Subject Specific Information
Please be as specific as possible about the information you need. Include any keywords, synonyms and definitions of ambiguous terms. Email requests to [email protected].