Library services under Alert Level 2
15 May 2020
From Monday 18 May the Library and Student Centre in Hamilton will be open but with limited services available. The Teaching Resources Library and the Tauranga Campus Library will remain closed.
Please follow all instructions when visiting the Library, including registering via QR codes, and ensure physical distancing of at least 1m is maintained at all times.
Hamilton Campus Library hours will be 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
· Level 2, including group study rooms
· East Wing computer areas on Levels 2, 3 and 4 - open 24/7 (You must have your ID card with you to swipe in. If you have any issues with access or cannot remember your pin, please contact Security.)
All other areas of the Student Centre remain closed.
Access to physical books
Students are unable to access the Library’s physical collections directly. However, you can request books from the Hamilton Campus Library and Teaching Resources Library and collect them from the Level 2 Library Desk.
- Request items you want by using our new click and collect form in Library Search. You must be signed in to Library Search to see the form.
- Sign in to Library Search by clicking on the yellow Sign In link.
- Find the item you want.
- Click on the "click and collect" link under Get It.
- The details of the item will be automatically entered into the form. Fill in your details and any notes, then submit.
- If you are unable to collect your books from the Hamilton Campus, the Library can post books to you. Please select Postal Delivery on the form and provide us with your current address.
- If you have any problems with the form, or have several books you want to request at once, please email email@example.com
- Pick up instructions will be emailed to you when the books are ready to be collected. Please do not come to the Library until you have received this email.
If you do not need the whole book or if we are unable to send your requested item to you, we may be able to scan sections instead. Please see scanning service below for details.
You can request a scan of part of a print item, such as a chapter in a print book or an article in a print journal, as long as it complies with all copyright laws and licence agreements.
· Please include full details of the item, such as title of book or journal, date of publication, author, edition, and page numbers.
· Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please allow up to 48 hours Monday-Friday for the scanning to be completed. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Interlibrary Loan Service
The Interlibrary Loan Service is limited to electronic resources (articles or chapters only).
Please email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org and include full citation information. Allow 3-7 days for delivery.