Library Services for Tauranga
Our Tauranga based librarians are currently working from the Bongard Centre Library (Ako Atea) until the new building opens.
Current Library Hours are:
- Monday, Thursday, Friday: 8:30am - 5pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 8:30am - 6pm
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
There is a small, dynamic, high-demand, collection of books held at Tauranga, supported by the full range of our e-resource collections. These can be borrowed for short periods (2 hours, 1 day or 3 days). All library resources can be found by using Library Search.
Tauranga staff and students may also access hard-copy material from the Hamilton campus collection, which will be sent across on the daily shuttle service.
Where possible the Library has acquired e-versions of books and journals. If an ebook (or journal) is available Library Search will link to it. You can request a print copy from the Hamilton campus via Library Search.
- Search for a book or journal in the search box
- Make sure you sign in (link on the yellow bar across the page)
- Locate your item in the results list
- Click on its title to go to its full record
- Click the request link near Request Options
- Click the drop down menu arrow next to Pickup Location
- Select your Pickup Location as Tauranga Library. If you select Personal Delivery, the book will be issued to you and posted to your home address (you must have registered for services for this option to be available).
- Click Request
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
Use Library Search to access full text online journal articles. If it is only available in print, email firstname.lastname@example.org, we will scan and email the article to you. Please include as much information about the journal article as possible in your email. The Library can also scan and email a chapter from a print book.
For more information on borrowing from the Library, please see Borrowing Information.
Come and see us in Tauranga. Alternatively email email@example.com for help, or use Library Chat if available.