New Zealand Curriculum
We are able to support school leaders and teachers to effectively implement the NZC for Years 1-8. We work collaboratively to strengthen school self-review and co-construct a professional learning plan that empowers teaching and learning.
- accelerating learning for students not yet achieving at curriculum expectation
- support for students with special education needs
- developing coherence across charter, strategic and annual planning and appraisal goals
- evidence-based teaching through Teaching as Inquiry
- effective and culturally responsive pedagogy in particular for Māori and Pasifika learners
- authentic and personalised teaching and learning
- creating educationally powerful connections with family and whānau.
Contact Kay Stevenson
Te Marautanga o Aotearoa
E āhei ana mātou ki te tautoko i ngā tumuaki me ngā kaiako kia mārama ai i ngā āhuatanga o Te Marautanga o Aotearoa. Nā te tautoko ka rongo, ka marama, ka mōhio hoki i ngā pūkenga, i ngā uara, i ngā waiaro hei ārahi i te ako a ngā ākonga i roto i ngā kura reo Māori. He tautoko hoki hei mātua uru te marautanga ki roto i ngā tūtohinga kura me te whakawhanake i Te Ākonga Ka Puta me te marautanga o te kura.
Ko Te Marautanga o Aotearoa, he anga:
- hei whakawhanake kaupapa here ā-motu, hei tautoko i ngā ratonga mātauranga mō ngā kura reo Māori;
- hei tautohu i ngā mātāpono me ngā rautaki aromatawai;
- hei tautohu i ngā arotakenga ā-kura me ngā putanga ako o ngā ākonga;
- hei whakamōhio i ngā whare wānanga, ngā kura whakapakari kaiako hoki;
- hei āwhina i ngā mātua kia mārama ai rātou ki te marautanga ako o te kura;
- hei whakamana i ngā kaupapa ako o te kura.
Contact Tammy Gardiner or Marama Reweti-Martin
Dual English and Māori Medium Settings
We are able to assist schools, which use both the New Zealand Curriculum and Te Marautanga o Aotearoa, to explore how they may provide a cohesive, schoolwide approach to curriculum design and development which utilises the intent of both documents and allows them to create their own unique curriculum.
Contact Marama Reweti-Martin
The National Curriculum Documents
The National Curriculum is composed of The New Zealand Curriculum and Te Marautanga o Aotearoa which set the direction for student learning and provide guidance for schools as they design and review their curriculum.
Although both come from different perspectives, each start with a vision of young people developing the competencies they need for study, work, and lifelong learning, so they may go on to realise their potential.
Find the MoE's downloadable documents below.
We can work with schools and kura to empower students to become financially capable. Our facilitators can assist with:
- making links meet the requirements of the NZC
- designing units of work or broad programmes to develop students’ financial capability
- positioning students to make well informed decisions throughout their lives
- identifying wide range of free resources available to support teaching and learning.
Contact Janine Mackay