Assoc. Prof. Tom Roa
Associate Professor / Manukura
Qualifications: BA Wellington, DipTESL Wellington, MA(Applied) Waikato, Dip T, Justice of the Peace
Iwi: Ngāti Maniapoto, Waikato
Hogg, A. G., Gumbley, W., Boswijk, G., Petchey, F., Southon, J., Anderson, A., . . . Donaldson, L. (2017). The first accurate and precise calendar dating of New Zealand Māori Pā, using Otāhau Pā as a case study.. Journal of Archaeological Science: Reports, 12, 124-133. doi:10.1016/j.jasrep.2017.01.032 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/10853
Roa, T. C. (2017). [Keynote] Mana Motuhake. In He Manawa Whenua Indigenous Research Conference. Conference held at Claudelands, Hamilton, New Zealand.
Whaanga, J. P., Schofield, P., Wehi, P., & Roa, T. (2017). Indigenous methods of naming avifauna and its relevance in biodiversity reporting, monitoring and mapping. In 40th Annual Society of Ethnobiology (SoE) Conference. Montréal Botanical Garden, Montréal.
Whaanga, J. P., Scofield, P., Raharuhi, T. U., & Roa, T. (2016). Māori bird names and Indigenous methods of naming native and introduced bird species of Aotearoa. In Birds New Zealand: South Auckland Branch: Papakura Croquet Club, Papakura, Auckland.
Find more research publications by Tom Roa
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Roa, Mr Tom||4649||tomroa||A.1.25||Justices of the Peace|
|Roa, AProf Tom||4649||tomroa||A.1.25||Te Pua Wananga ki te Ao|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room