Assoc. Prof. Tom Roa
Associate Professor / Manukura
Qualifications: BA Wellington, DipTESL Wellington, MA(Applied) Waikato, Dip T, Justice of the Peace
Iwi: Ngāti Maniapoto, Waikato
Hudson, M., Anderson, T., Dewes, T. K., Temara, W., Whaanga, H., & Roa, T. (2017). He matapihi ki te Mana Raraunga” - Conceptualising Big Data through a Māori lens. In H. Whaanga, T. T. Keegan, & M. Apperley (Eds.), He Whare Hangarau Māori - Language, culture & technology (pp. 64-73). Te Whare Wānanga o Waikato / University of Waikato, Kirikiriroa / Hamilton , New Zealand: Te Pua Wānanga ki te Ao / Faculty of Māori and Indigenous Studies.
Roa, T. C. (2017). [Keynote] Mana Motuhake. In He Manawa Whenua Indigenous Research Conference. Conference held at Claudelands, Hamilton, New Zealand.
Hogg, A. G., Gumbley, W., Boswijk, G., Petchey, F., Southon, J., Anderson, A., . . . Donaldson, L. (2017). The first accurate and precise calendar dating of New Zealand Māori Pā, using Otāhau Pā as a case study.. Journal of Archaeological Science: Reports, 12, 124-133. doi:10.1016/j.jasrep.2017.01.032 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/10853
Whaanga, H., Waiti, J., Hudson, M. L., Williams, J., & Roa, T. (2017). How institutions frame mātauranga Māori (Commissioned by Waikato Regional Council). Hamilton, New Zealand: University of Waikato.
Find more research publications by Tom Roa
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Roa, Mr Tom||4649||tomroa||A.1.25||Justices of the Peace|
|Roa, AProf Tom||4649||tomroa||A.1.25||Te Pua Wananga ki te Ao|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room