As part of the HPSNZ Athlete Friendly Tertiary Network, the University of Waikato is committed to supporting students in achieving both their sporting and academic goals. Services include:
- Student-Athlete Academic Support
- Performance Enhancement Support
- Celebrating Athlete Success
If you have maintained regional or national representation in your sport in the past 12 months, and continue to have goals in high performance sport for 2021 and beyond, please register your details below so that we can add you to the Student-Athlete Support Hub (SASH) database.
Student-Athlete Academic Support
The University of Waikato supports student-athletes who need help balancing study and sporting commitments.
Having trouble maintaining this balance?
- If an upcoming event might affect your study, or you need advice regarding course selection or study plans, contact the Student-Athlete Support Hub (SASH) at [email protected]
- In some circumstances, you can also make arrangements to sit examinations at another time or at another location.
- And don't forget about the general student support services available to everyone studying at Waikato.
Performance Enhancement Support
A range of specialist services including strength and conditioning programmes, injury prevention, rehabilitation, physiotherapy and nutritional support are available at UniRec, the University of Waikato’s on-campus fitness centre. Find out more information about the services on offer at UniRec.
Celebrating Athlete Success
The University of Waikato celebrates the success of athletes through the annual Wallace Corporation University of Waikato Blues Awards. The ceremony takes place in October each year and is a major event on the University social calendar.
The University of Waikato offers a number of sports-related scholarships, including the Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship and the University of Waikato Professional Athletes Dual-Career Scholarship.
Find out more information about scholarships at the University of Waikato.