Covid-19 Accommodation Support and FAQs
Page current as of 5 January 2023
University of Waikato Covid-19 information
- Information detailing the University’s response to Covid-19 can be found here.
How can we help?
If you have any questions that are not answered by the below Frequently Asked Questions, please email the Accommodation Office at [email protected] and a member of the team will be in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access a RAT test?
- Please go to the Hall office and they will provide you with a test.
- Alternatively, tests are also available from Student Health.
- If you test positive for Covid-19 please let the Hall office know and the Hall Manager will support you to coordinate your self-isolation arrangements.
What do I do if I test positive for Covid-19 and are required to self-isolate in Hall?
- We are prepared for when residents need to self-isolate either because they have tested positive or have symptoms.
- If you are required to self-isolate you must let your Hall Manager and Residential Leader know. Our Accommodation team is here to support you. In addition, you must follow any additional advice given to you by Healthline, the Ministry of Health and/or the University.
- Support from the Accommodation team will include, but is not limited to:
- The provision of a self-isolation pack with instructions on the self-isolation protocols in your residence.
- Students in catered accommodation will have their meals delivered to their rooms.
- Students in self-catered accommodation will be provided with support to ensure online food deliveries are brought to their unit. Meals can also be supplied if required in consultation with the Hall Manager.
- Wellbeing checks will be undertaken by Accommodation staff.
- Your Hall Manager will instruct you on bathroom protocols.
- Rubbish bags with instructions will be provided for the disposal of rubbish.
- Laundry access will be limited. Please discuss this matter with your Hall Manager.
- Opportunities to move outside to get fresh air and exercise will be coordinated through your Hall Manager.
Can I return home to self-isolate?
- If you choose to return home, please inform the Hall office.
- The Accommodation team will help you to liaise with your whānau/family to ensure your departure is coordinated and meets the Ministry of Health travel requirements.
What do I do if my studies are affected?
If your studies are affected due to ill health and/or self-isolation requirements, please email your course coordinator directly informing them of your situation.