Why join EPP?
EPP is an easy way to connect with dozens of local non-profits, looks great on your CV, and is a fun student community to be a part of.
Make your CV stand out
Volunteering is a great way to learn new skills and gain valuable experience.
If you’ve come straight from high school to university and have limited work experience or you're changing careers, EPP demonstrates to potential employers that you are community-minded and have developed relevant skills.
Employers agree: Volunteering gives you an advantage in the job market.
Research tells us that employers value candidates with volunteering experience when hiring, and when identifying leadership potential.
- 93% believe that volunteering is a credible way to get real-work experience.
- 89% believe that candidates who have volunteered during university in a role related to their studies have an advantage.
- 82% are more likely to choose a candidate with volunteering experience.
- 80% say that active volunteers move more easily into leadership roles.
Connect with charities and non-profits that share your values
The regular micro-volunteering opportunities that we bring to campus, and the dozens of community partners that you can connect with through EPP...
See all our EPP partners
Dozens of non-profits call on EPP volunteers every year
We’re proud to be working with the following not-for-profit organisations in the Waikato and Bay of Plenty:
- Avalon (BOP) Incorporated
- Bellyful Hamilton
- Blind Foundation
- Breast Cancer Foundation NZ
- Cambridge Riding for the Disabled
- Camp Quality
- Campus Creche
- Career Development Association of New Zealand
- Classic Events
- Community and Enterprise Leadership Foundation
- Community Law Waikato
- Diabetes Help Tauranga
- Dynamo Cycling Club
- Endometriosis Waikato
- Epilepsy Association of New Zealand
- Girl Guiding New Zealand
- Go Eco
- Goldfields Railway
- Grassroots Trust
- H3 Group
- Habitat for Humanity (Central North Island)
- Hamilton Central Business Association
- Hamilton Christmas Charitable Trust
- Hamilton Multicultural Services Trust
- Hamilton Riding for the Disabled
- Hillcrest Scouts
- Hospice Waikato
- Landcare Trust
- Life Unlimited
- Literacy Waikato
- McKenzie Centre
- Methodist City Action
- Midlands Hockey
- Momentum Waikato Community Foundation
- Music Moves Me Trust
- Netball Waikato Bay of Plenty
- New Lives Animal Rescue
- New Vision International Education
- Orchestras Central
- Organic Farm NZ
- Otanewainuku Kiwi Trust
- Parafed Waikato
- Perry Outdoor Education Trust
- Pirongia Scout Group
- Pukete Neighbourhood House
- Red Cross
- Refugee Orientation Centre
- Riverlea Environment Society
- Rotorua Arts Village
- Rotorua Community Youth Centre
- Salvation Army
- Seagull Centre
- Shama Hamilton Ethnic Women's Centre
- Sistema Waikato
- Society of St Vincent de Paul
- Sport Waikato
- St Chads Charitable Trust
- St John
- St Peter's Sea Scouts
- Swimming Waikato
- Tauranga City Library
- Thames Museum
- Thames Vintage & Classic Car Club
- The Boatshed Kayaks Ltd
- Trade Aid
- Vincent House Trust
- Volunteering Bay of Plenty
- Volunteering Waikato
- Waihi Community Resource Centre
- Waikato Bay of Plenty Cancer Society
- Waikato DHB
- Waikato Institute for Leisure and Sport Studies
- Waikato Operational Support (Hamilton Fire Brigade)
- Waikato Rugby Union
- Waikato Sunrise Rotary
- Waikato Winter Show Association
- Waikato Women's Refuge
- Waimarie - Hamilton East Community House
- YMCA Tauranga
Be part of our amazing EPP community
There are hundreds of EPP members so every time you join a community volunteering activity or help out at a uni event, you'll be meeting new and interesting people.