Want to gain a better understanding and appreciation for the growing Vietnamese and Asian populations communities throughout New Zealand? While also gaining specific knowledge of Vietnamese business culture?
The University of Waikato, in partnership with CRCC Asia is excited to offer this 8-week internship programme that will enable you to gain specific knowledge of Vietnamese business culture and have the opportunity to connect and build linkages with Vietnamese students and institutions. You will travel over as a group of 8 Waikato students, but will be placed independently in a company that best suits your subject area and career desires.
- Each internship is vetted to ensure you receive project-based, meaningful work and is designated in a sector of your choice.
- There are numerous additional touchpoints throughout the program, designed to offer opportunities to experience Vietnamese business culture through in-person meetings, local events, peer to peer exchange and networking opportunities.
- During Lunar New Year (Tet), you will have a unique opportunity to experience and observe the flagship national holiday, the impact of which is felt throughout Vietnamese culture and society.
- On top of learning specific technical skills related to your chosen sector through an internship, you can expect to develop a range of soft skills which employers demand, such as communication and presentation skills, intercultural awareness, diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- You will also have the opportunity to meet with New Zealand Consulate-General staff in Ho Chi Minh City and attend weekly events spanning social, cultural, service learning and professional development.
Hear what past students have to say:
- WATCH Anastasia's Digital Story from her Vietnam internship experience
- READ about Nick, who studied Business and Management at the University of Waikato. He shares what he learned in marketing and strategy at his CRCC Asia Internship in Vietnam.
Successful applicants will be leaving New Zealand on the 5th January 2023 and returning on the 23rd February 2023*.
Info Session: Thursday 15 September
Join the upcoming info session with CRCC Asia's in-country contact, as well as your key Waikato contact, to find out why you should join this once in a lifetime experience!
When: 5pm, Thursday 15 September
How to Apply
Applicants are required to answer some key questions, supply a current CV and also have the option of submitting a cover letter or video, to further support their application. Find out more below:
Application Deadline: 30 September 2022 - APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED!
If you have any questions about this programme, please email [email protected]