Drive to campus
Driving to campus? Find out everything you need to know about parking, fees and carpooling options!
Parking charges apply on the Hamilton campus Monday–Friday, 8.30am–4.30pm (except public holidays). General parking outside of these times is free. Motorcycle parking is free at all times in the designated M/C parking areas.
One day (24 hours from time of purchase)
|One week* (seven consecutive days from time of purchase)||$6|
|Student A & B Semester concessions|
|One semester* – purchased at machine, requires a student ID number (expires at the end of the semester)||$60|
|Halls of Residence student permits*|
|One semester Halls of Residence permit - available from the Accommodation office (expires at the end of the semester)||$60|
|One year Halls of Residence permit (includes access to reserved halls parking) - available from the Accommodation office (expires at the end of the B Semester)||$120|
Parking zones and payment
- Find a park in any of the general parking areas in Gates 1, 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b or 10 (see map). You cannot park in a numbered/named park because these are reserved for permit holders at all times (clamping fees apply).
- Go to the nearest silver payment machine:
- Enter your licence plate number
- Select tariff option (day, week, semester)
- Enter your student ID number (for the semester rate only).
- Select payment method. Machines are either:
- eftpos + credit/debit/Paywave, or
- coin + credit/debit/Paywave
- A receipt is available on request, but you don’t need to display it on your cars dashboard (your licence plate number is proof that you have paid).
There is also a small number of short-term parks in Gate 5 off Hillcrest Road, and in the main carpark in Gate 1 off Knighton Road – these parks use the a Pay & Display system (blue machines) and are generally for visitors or people in a hurry.
If you have any questions about parking at the Hamilton campus please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For students and staff bringing cars into town, there is parking available from $3 per day in public car parks.
Students and staff are reminded not to park in private parking spaces or retail car parks to prevent their vehicle being ticketed, towed or clamped.
Carpool to campus
Carpooling saves you money by splitting the cost of driving and parking among several commuters. It’s also a good way to meet new people, and better for the environment.
The Ridelink service can be used by anyone at the University to get a ride to and from uni.
The University provides preferential parking areas in Gates 1 and 10 for people that share rides to campus. These parking spaces are labelled as reserved for registered RideLink permit holders.
Let's Carpool, the award-winning national carpooling scheme, makes it easy to find other commuters in your area. This is a public site that will put you in touch with other drivers/passengers who use a similar route. Find out more or register at Lets Carpool