In both Tauranga and Hamilton, there are several bus routes that come to or near campus.
There are currently 5 bus routes that come to or near our Hamitlon campus:
- Route 13 (University) - stops outside campus shops
- Route 17 (Hamilton Gardens Uni) - stops outside campus shops
- The Orbiter - stops Knighton Rd
- Route 2 (Silverdale) - stops Hillcrest Rd, near St John’s College
- Route 20 (Cambridge) - stops outside the Warehouse, Hillcrest
For all Hamilton bus routes and timetables, click here.
Most bus stops in Tauranga transit through the main bus stop on Willow Street, a short walk from campus. Below is a list of buses that stop here:
- CityLink (CL) - also stops outside campus
- Hospital Link (HL)
- Route 1 (Pyes Pa)
- Route 30x (Golden Sands Express)
- Route 36 (Papamoa via Maungatapu)
- Route 40 (Welcome Bay)
- Route 41 (Maungatapu)
- Route 52x (The Lakes Express)
- Route 55 (Ohauiti)
- Route 59 (Greerton)
- Route 60 (Cambridge Heights)
- Route 62 (Bethlehem)
- Route 70 (Matua via Ngatai Rd)
- Route 71 (Matua via Brookfield)
- Route 72a & 72b (Otumoetai morning & afternoon)
For all Tauranga bus routes and timetables, click here.
Bee cards are the new way to travel on buses in both Hamilton and Tauranga. Use the card to tag on and off the bus. You will automatically be charged the lowest fare based on your travel.
How to get a card
Bee cards cost $5 and there are two ways to get one:
- Online: You can order your Bee card online by creating an account andentering your details.
Get your Bee card here.
- In person: You can also get your Bee card in person from the drive, local customer service point or selected retail outlets.
Find out more about Bee cards here.