Student Groups and events
Student Groups (Hamilton)
Student groups associated with the Lady Goodfellow Chapel, Hamilton, include:
- Student Life; see their page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/382991458555038
- TSCF (Tertiary Students’ Christian Fellowship); see their page at https://www.facebook.com/HamiltonTSCF
They usually meet in the Chapel on Wednesdays in teaching weeks between 12 noon and 2pm
- ISM (International Student Ministries); see their page at https://www.ismnz.org.nz/programmes
They host an English Language conversation group on Wednesdays from 1pm in the Drop-in Centre (the small lounge within the Chapel complex).
- WaiCath (Waikato Catholic Students’ Group); they meet after Mass on Sunday evenings. Connect with them online at https://www.facebook.com/groups/119875841365506
- Arise Church; their prayer group meets in the Chapel on Wednesday mornings between 7am and 8am. Contact William Poese on [email protected] for more details
Note that these groups generally meet only during A and B Trimester teaching weeks.
Contact Brother Andrew for more information.
Student Groups (Tauranga)
Christian Worship (Hamilton)
Father JP celebrates a Catholic Mass at the Chapel on Sundays at 5 pm.
Brother Andrew celebrates an informal Eucharist (Lord’s Supper/Holy Communion) for all on Tuesdays at 12 noon. This generally continues throughout the year except when Brother Andrew's duties take him out of town.
Seventh Day Adventist Worship
Hillcrest International Seventh Day Adventist Church has their main worship at the Chapel on Saturdays at 9:30 am and offer several other study and fellowship groups at other times.
Society of Friends Meeting
The Society of Friends (Quakers) have their regular meeting at the Chapel on Sundays at 10 am.
New Beginning Fijian AOG Church
The New Beginning group meets in the chapel on Sunday afternoons from 1pm to 2:30pm.
Other Regular Events
The Interfaith Choir practices on the second Sunday of each month at 3 pm. New members welcome whatever your musical ability. Contact Brother Andrew [email protected] for more information.
On Wednesday evenings from 5:30pm, Don offers a course in Meditation from the Sri Chinmoy tradition. Please text or call Don on 021 150 0857 for the current schedule. For further information see www.srichinmoy.org
Brother Andrew hosts a weekly discussion/study group for progressive Christians at 4pm on Tuesdays. Sometimes we have a book to read and discuss, sometimes we watch a movie, or follow a video-based study. During Lent 2023, we will be discussing the material in Stephen Cottrell's book, "The Things He Carried: Meditations for Lent and Holy Week." This group is free and open to all, staff, students, and the local community, whatever your religious, secular, or spiritual identity.