Graduation Timeline and Checklist
Check out how to apply to graduate here
You receive an invitation to graduate, do you want your certificate to be conferred?
Yes, respond to your invite
No, defer my graduation to a future date
Still on MyWaikato? Respond to your invite and select whether you wish to attend the Marae, Claudelands or Tauranga
Select 'defer' and we will move you to the next ceremony
Will you be attending a graduation ceremony?
Yes, I want to graduate in person
No, I want to graduate in absentia
After receiving your invitation we will send you a confirmation stating which ceremony you will be in. If you do not receive a confirmation by the cut-off date, please contact the Student Centre on [email protected]
After receiving your invitation we will send an email telling you when your qualification is to be conferred. You can expect your certificate to be posted to you within a week of the conferment date. We recommend that students who live overseas pay to have their certificates sent by tracked courier. Please contact the Student Centre on [email protected] to arrange payment
Before graduation day:
- Your ticketing information and an information brochure will be emailed to you about 3 weeks before the ceremony (except marae - no tickets required).
- Collect your regalia from Academic Dress Hire.
- Read the information about what to expect on the day: Claudelands, Tauranga, Marae
On graduation day:
- Check your regalia is being worn correctly
- Arrive at the venue 60 minutes before your ceremony starts.