We are excited to be able to host you and your friends and family in our CBD Campus on Durham Street. The graduation celebrations will run throughout the day on Friday 11 June in Te Manawaroa on Level One, with smaller 45-minute graduation ceremonies taking place in the Lecture Theatre on Level Two
Please note that you need to arrive at the graduation venue one hour before your ceremony starts. Registration will take place in TCBD.2.08 and there will be staff to direct you on where to go.
University of Waikato - Tauranga Campus, 101 Durham St, Tauranga (link)
Tauranga is a busy city, so make sure you leave enough time to find a car park. There are a number of car parking options, starting from $2 an hour, or $3 a day.
Please don't park in private or retail car parks, as your vehicle may be clamped or towed.
Please arrive in your regalia 60 minutes before your ceremony is due to start. It is important that you arrive early, otherwise you may miss the registration process for your ceremony
- Leave any personal belongings with your guests. You need to have your hands free when you walk across stage and may not be seated in the same seat after presentation of your qualification
- Go to the marshalling area (your guests should move into the theatre to be seated)
- Look for your name on the marshalling boards – names are listed alphabetically under the qualification you are receiving
- Take note of your registration number and line up in order of that number – marshals are there to assist you
- Five minutes before your ceremony you will be led to the theatre; please stay in your lines
- Once the processional music begins, a marshal will lead you into the theatre
- Marshals will guide you to your seating row
- Remain standing until all members of the procession have reached their seats
- If you have any cultural requirements that may impact ceremony proceedings or if any of your guests require assistance, please let us know by emailing [email protected] prior to the event.
- After the ceremony, you will assemble in Te Manawaroa where you will be met by your family and guests
If you are graduating, you don't require a ticket for your ceremony. You are entitled to three complimentary tickets for guests to attend your graduation ceremony (more may become available). If you have additional guests who would like to celebrate with you, they are welcome to join us on campus. The ceremonies will be live-streamed to a large screen in Te Manawaroa, and food and drink will be served throughout the day.
- Go to the Tauranga Graduation
- Click 'Tickets'
- Enter your Student ID as the 'Access Code'
- Click 'Apply Code'
- Select the number of tickets you'd like (up to three)
- Fill out the required information and click 'Complete Registration'
Tauranga Graduation is unique in the way we celebrate throughout the day. Light refreshments will be provided in Te Manawaroa during and after each ceremony for those guests who do not have tickets to sit inside the theatre. The proceedings will be live-streamed into this venue.
After each ceremony, all graduating students and their guests are invited to join University staff in Te Manawaroa for light refreshments. Graduands are advised to make city dining arrangements early to secure a booking. Please note that food and drink will not be available for purchase from the venue before or during the graduation ceremony
Information for guests
- Doors open 30 minutes before each graduation ceremony.
- Please ensure you are seated 10 minutes prior to ceremony commencement and remain seated outside of announced breaks.
- If you are late to the ceremony, a lock-out will apply for the first 15 minutes of each graduation ceremony. Talk to a staff member who will direct you to your seat once the ceremony opening formalities have finished.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the theatre, and mobile phones must be switched off during the formal graduation ceremony.
- After the ceremony, you can meet your graduate in Te manawaroa.
Graduands or guests with a disability
If you or any of your guests have a disability and require special assistance on the day please contact the Student Centre on 0800 WAIKATO or [email protected] so that special access and seating can be arranged.