All Upcoming Events
Venue: M.1.42, Level 1, Student Centre
The Accidental Counsellor
This workshop will help participants deal with being an “accidental counsellor” including:
- Recognising that students may have difficulties in their academic or personal life
- How to handle a situation which arises within a teaching setting
- Maintaining appropriate boundaries and avoiding attachment
- Referral to internal or external support resources
- Compartmentalising student issues from your personal life
Participants will be encouraged to complete their own Self Care Action plan.
Student Counselling and SGR team members will be available during this session to answer your questions about internal processes or actions.
The trainer is from our Employee Assistance Program vendor: Benestar
SPACES ARE LIMITED SO REGISTRATION IS ESSENTIAL.
Please complete the online registration form https://goo.gl/forms/x4MOoYpxfvUWHZ0O2
Registrations opening soon. Topic still to be confirmed