How to Enrol on Campus

  1. Visit to the Student Centre

    In the Student Centre make your way to the Administration counter on Level 2. Make sure you have all of the required documents (originals and verified documents) available for our enrolment team to complete your enrolment as quickly as possible.

    Documents required often include - check your offer letter to see if you need to bring any of these along:

    • Academic Transcripts
    • Graduation Certificates
    • English Language Results
    • Passport
    • Insurance Documentation
    • Valid Student Visa
  2. Go to your Faculty/School of Study

    Meet a course adviser and discuss your paper selection, you will then be given a Programme Approval Form. (Campus maps and directions are available at the Student Centre). If all of your papers have been approved - then please progress to step 3.

  3. Go to the Student Administration Counter in the Student Centre

    Collect your enrolment agreement and take it to the payments counter. If you haven’t pre-paid, pay your tuition and medical insurance fees*. Keep your receipt.

  4. Obtain your Student ID

    You can obtain your student ID from the Student ID Station in the Student Centre. You need your student ID card for access to our library, computers and other University facilities. You will need to show your receipt from Payments at the ID station.

    *Under NZ Immigration Law, every international student must provide evidence of appropriate Medical and Travel Insurance. You will automatically be enrolled and charged for Studentsafe University insurance unless you provide us with an alternative approved policy at least two weeks before classes begin.

Scholarship students

For students who are on a scholarship, it is important that you come to International Student Services Office (located in the Student Centre) and meet with your dedicated scholarship adviser. They will be able to offer specialist support and advice while you are studying as it relates to your scholarship.

Student Exchange and Study Abroad students

The International Student Services Office provides support for incoming students who attend the University of Waikato and a dedicated Exchange and Study Abroad Advisor for your time here. The Advisor will contact you prior to your arrival, provide an information session on your arrival and will remain in contact throughout the semester.

Please contact Bianca Nichol if you have any questions.

International Student Advisor - Study Abroad & Exchange
Phone: +64 7 837 9529

Certificate of University Preparation students

International students undertaking the Certificate of University Preparation are asked to go to the Student Centre in the first instance, as we will need to site your visa so remember to bring your passport.

Foundation Studies students

International students undertaking the Certificate of Foundation Studies are asked to go to the Student Centre in the first instance, as we will need to site your visa so remember to bring your passport.


Phone: + 64 7 856 2889