Apply Now - Study Abroad & Exchange
We've put together some simple steps for applying:
Our study abroad and exchange programme is open to the following students:
- Completed at least two semesters of study and be currently enrolled at a recognised tertiary institution
- Achieved a minimum GPA B average (NZ scale)
- English proficiency
Study Abroad or ExchangeYou'll need to figure out if you should apply as a Study Abroad or Exchange student. To do this, see if your home university is listed under our Exchange Partners. If your university is listed, apply for Exchange. If it is not listed, apply for Study Abroad.
Papers (Courses)Check to see if the University of Waikato offer papers in the subjects that you are interested in studying. The minimum semester enrolment is 45 points and the maximum is 60 points.
- Select "Create an account"
- In the Qualification Search, select "Study Abroad and Exchange" as your qualification
- Transcript(s) from current and previous tertiary study. This must be a scanned copy signed & stamped by home university or official electronic copy. If transcript is not in English, include the transcript in original language and an official English translation.
- Paper Selection Form (upload in Supporting Documents section)
- Evidence of English language proficiency (if applicable)
- Copy of your passport
- A semester: 1 December
- B semester: 1 May