Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling
The two-paper Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling (PGCertCouns) offers specialist postgraduate education in either family and relationship counselling or counselling supervision. The qualification is designed for experienced counselling and social service practitioners who have already received professional education.
Expand to read entry requirements
Selection for the PGCertCouns programmes is based on the following criteria:
- An approved undergraduate degree
- An approved counselling or social practice qualification
- Five years’ experience in counselling or social practice
- Current membership of a recognised professional association in counselling or social work
- Access to suitable ongoing practice.
The regulations allow for application from very experienced professionals who do not meet all the above criteria.
Additional application documents:
Scholarships and prizes
New to Waikato? The International Excellence Scholarship is worth up to $10,000.
Visit our Scholarship Finder for information about possible scholarships