This focus allows educators interested in further developing their expertise in STEM (Science, Technology, Environmental Education and Mathematics) education to take papers within the Master of Education or Master of Educational Leadership. The requirements for these degrees can be found by clicking MEd or MEdLeadership.
Students will develop their own approach to teaching their specialist subject(s), and will be supported to complete an evidence-based inquiry on a teaching-related topic of their own choosing.
At least 60 points from:
- MSTE501 Mathematics Education
- MSTE502 Acquiring Numeracy: How Thinking Develops
- MSTE503 Effective Practice in the Mathematics Classroom
- STER508 Science Education
- STER511 Technology Education
- STER512 Innovations in Science, Technology or Environmental Education
- STER513 Environmental and Sustainability Education
|Area of Study:|
Scholarships and prizes
New to Waikato? The International Excellence Scholarship is worth up to $10,000.
Visit our Scholarship Finder for information about possible scholarships
Te Kura Toi Tangata School of Education
Phone: 0800 832 242
Email: [email protected]