This specialisation offers professional development for teachers of specific curriculum subjects. An integrated approach is taken to education across all the STEM (Science, Technology, Environmental Education and Mathematics) subjects.
Students will develop their own approach to teaching their specialist subject(s), and will be supported to complete an evidence-based inquiry on a teaching-related topic of their own choosing.
At least 60 points from:
- MSTE501 Mathematics Education
- MSTE502 Acquiring Numeracy: How Thinking Develops
- MSTE503 Effective Practice in the Mathematics Classroom
- STER508 Science Education
- STER511 Technology Education
- STER512 Innovations in Science, Technology or Environmental Education
- STER513 Environmental and Sustainability Education
You may choose further papers from any subject or specialisation offered for the Master of Education, or from the Master of Educational Leadership.
Study STEM Education in these qualifications
STEM Education as a specialisation of
Scholarships and prizes
New to Waikato? The International Excellence Scholarship is worth up to $10,000.
Visit our Scholarship Finder for information about possible scholarships