Learn new words and phrases to improve your spoken and written English.
Learn to communicate better by learning new words and know how to use them in context.
(Source - https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/vocabulary)
Learn new vocabulary (beginner to upper-intermediate), British Council - Learn English
Vocabulary quizzes (beginner - upper-intermediate) - English Club
Online dictionaries for general vocabulary
Online dictionaries for subject-specific vocabulary
Useful for finding synonyms
Meaning, pronunciation, synonyms, collocations and usage of academic words.
Academic wordlist - Oxford Learning Dictionaries
The 10 Academic word sub-lists - Oxford Learning Dictionaries
- Test A: Academic Word List (Victoria University Wellington)
- There are 10 wordlists.
- Test B: Academic Word List (Victoria University Wellington)
- Check your academic word score. Complete tests A and B.
- Test A and B Answer Sheet (Victoria University Wellington)
- Check your answers for tests A and B here.
You may not always need to refer to a dictionary to check the meaning of unfamiliar words. Context clues can help you with this.