How to edit your Moodle Dashboard
Your Moodle dashboard is the first thing you see when you log in to Moodle. It contains blocks and courses that provide quick access to items you need. Follow these simple steps to personalize your dashboard and make it work for you!
To access your Moodle dashboard, go to https://elearn.waikato.ac.nz/my/
Once logged in, you will be directed to your dashboard automatically. If you are somewhere else in Moodle, you can always click on the 'Dashboard' in the navigation menu, usually found on the top or side of the page.
Add custom blocks to your dashboard
- Look for a 'Edit mode' button, typically located at the top right of your dashboard. Click this button to switch to customization mode.
- At the top centre of the page, select Add a block.
- Select the block you wish to add from the drop-down menu. Common blocks include 'Calendar', 'Upcoming events', 'Online users', etc.
- In customization mode, blocks will have a move icon (often a cross-arrow icon). Click and drag this icon to move the block to a new location on your dashboard.
- Some blocks have a configuration (gear) icon. Click this to open settings specific to that block, where you can change titles and other settings.
- If you want to remove all your changes, select Reset page to default at the top right of the Dashboard page.
Blocks can be moved to the right, top, and bottom panels. If you would like to add the calendar block to the right panel, drag it to your desired place.
When you toggle Edit mode on, these icons will also appear at the top right of each default section and block. You can use them in the same way to move, hide or delete most of the default components of your dashboard.