Submit an assignment
There are two ways to submit an assignment in Moodle: uploading a file or writing a text online.
Upload a file
- Select the assignment you wish to upload to.
- Select Add submission.
- Upload your file, then select Save changes.
- Once uploaded, you can edit your submission by selecting Edit submission, or select Remove submission to start again. When you are happy with your assignment, select Submit assignment.
- Tick the box to certify the submitted document is your own work and that you have referenced correctly. You also agree that your submission may be submitted to a web-based plagiarism detection tool.
- Finally, select the Continue button. You will then see the Submission status of your assignment. It should state that it has been Submitted for grading.
This option provides a text area where you can enter and edit text directly into the Moodle assignment activity. This is viewed and graded if necessary by your lecturer.
In the same way as with an assignment by uploaded file, you will be able to edit your assignment until you decide to submit it, in which case you will also have to tick the agreement box.
Note: When you submit your assignment, a submission receipt will be emailed to you.