Moodle Calendar Event
Your Moodle Dashboard includes a Calendar, located on the right hand side of your Dashboard. Some dates will be highlighted in various colors: you should take note of events that occur on these dates.
Types of calendar event:
- Global events - Shades of green. These events are created by the Moodle Administrators and occur across all papers. Global events can include the beginning and end of semesters and holidays.
- Category events - Shades of purple. These events relate to all e.g. Management school papers. It is very rarely used.
- Course events - Shaded pink. These events relate to this paper alone and could be something like an important assessment.
- Group events - Shaded yellow. These events can only be viewed by members of a group. They can be for such things as a meeting to discuss a group assignment.
- User events - Shaded blue. These are the only type of events that a student can create and are only view-able by the student. They could be any kind of personal reminder or note.
You can also access the calendar and its settings from the Menu on the left hand side of the page.
NOTE: You can temporarily hide certain types of events by clicking the eye icon left of that event type in the Events Key area.