Exponents and logarithms
A review of index laws and logarithms.
The links to these instructional YouTube clips come from The Organic Chemistry Tutor.
- Indexes/powers [length: 12m:42s]
- This video details the process of multiplying and dividing monomials and powers with both the same base and with different bases.
- Simplifying Exponents [length: 11m:47s]
- This video details the process of simplifying exponents with fractions, variables, and negative exponents including examples involving multiplication and division of monomials.
- Negative exponents [length: 12m:37s]
- This video explains how to simplify negative exponents in fractions with variables and parentheses.
- Fractional exponents [length: 12m:32s]
- This video details how to simplify fractional exponents with variables and parentheses.
- Solving exponential equations [length: 11m:59s]
- This video details how to solve exponential equations in quadratic form.
- Graphing exponential equations [length: 10m:12s]
- This video details how to graph basic exponential equations.
- Introduction to Logarithms [length: 10m:20s]
- This video details a basic introduction to logarithms. It explains the process of evaluating logarithmic expressions without a calculator.
- Graphing logarithmic functions [length: 20m:55s]
- This video details how to graph basic logarithm equations.
- Solving logarithm equations [length: 32m:42s]
- This video details how to factorise quadratic equations.