An introduction to simple expressions along with the adding/subtraction/multiplication and division of basic examples.
The links to these instructional YouTube clips come from The Organic Chemistry Tutor.
- Polynomial expressions [length: 17m:52s]
- This video details how to simplify algebraic expressions.
- Simplifying expressions [length: 32m:27s]
- This video details how to simplify expressions by expanding brackets and collecting like terms.
- Evaluating Expressions [length: 11m:35s]
- This video details how to evaluate an expression and also order of operations.
- Distributive Property [length: 11m:36s]
- This video details the distributive property of multiplication.
- The Foil method [length: 18m:09s]
- This video details the foil method (to assist the expansion of brackets).
- Rationalize the denominator [length: 10m:55s]
- This video details how to rationalize the denominator that may include square roots or cube roots.
- Dividing Algebraic fractions [length: 11m:52s]
- This video details how to divide algebraic fractions.
- Multiplying Algebraic fractions [length: 11m:29s]
- This video details how to multiply algebraic fractions.