Simultaneous equations and matrices
Recognizing that a matrix enjoys a particular property might be crucial in helping to develop a fast algorithm or even to prove that a solution exists. The list of videos below enable you to review simultaneous equations and how to solve or represent them. The matrices links provide approaches to more complex systems of equations.
The links to these instructional YouTube clips come from The Organic Chemistry Tutor.
- Simultaneous equations substitution [length: 11m:36s]
- This video details how to use the substitution method for solving systems of equations containing 2 and 3 variables. It contains examples and practice problems on solving linear equations.
- Simultaneous equations elimination [length: 10m:20s]
- This video details how to use the elimination method for solving systems of linear equations using addition and multiplication.
- Matrices [length: 10m:16s]
- This video details how to find the determinant of 3x3 matrices and 2x2 matrices. The video contains plenty of examples and practice problems with step by step solutions.
- Matrices continued [length: 38m:02s]
- This video details how to solve systems of linear equations with 2 or 3 variables using Cramer's rule. It contains examples and practice problems for you to work on.