Maths and stats
Having an understanding of straight line geometry and algebra is useful for maths, science, or business, particularly when there are variables requiring comparison, and plotting onto a graph.
The links to these instructional YouTube clips come from The Organic Chemistry Tutor.
- Plotting points [length: 12m:38s]
- This video details the process of plotting coordinates.
- Functions [length: 10m:53s]
- This video details an introduction to functions, and coordinates.
- Finding X and Y intercepts [length: 13m:07s]
- This video details how to find the X,Y intercepts and sketch a straight line.
- Finding the gradient [length: 11m:13s]
- This video details how to find the gradient of a line using coordinates or parallel or perpendicular lines.
- Writing Linear Equations [length: 12m:49s]
- This video details how to write a linear equation given two coordinates, and the gradient.