Understanding percentages is a necessary skill for use in business, statistics and everyday life
The links to these instructional YouTube clips come from The Organic Chemistry Tutor.
- Understanding Percentage [length: 47m:39s]
- This math video tutorial focuses on percentage word problems, percent change formula, percent increase and decrease as well as how to convert a decimal to a fraction. This video contains plenty of notes, equation, examples and practice problems for you to work including percentage base word problems
Here is a list of topics
- Percent Change Formua
- How To Calculate the Percent Increase and Decrease
- Converting a Percent to a Decimal
- Percent Relationships - What is a percent of a number?
- What is 30 percent of 80?
- How To Convert a Fraction into a Decimal Using Long Division
- Fraction To Decimal - Simplified Method Made Easy
- Mixed Fraction to Decimal
- Decimal to Fraction Conversion
- Solving Percentage Word Problems - Sales Tax, Percent Discount, Final Price vs Original & New Price
- Percent of Change [length: 11m:22s]
- This math video tutorial explains how to calculate the percent of change using the percent increase and decrease formula.
- Finding percent mentally [length: 10m:05s]
- This video explains the process of finding percents of a number mentally and confirming the answer using decimals.