At Te Puna Ako Centre for Tertiary Teaching and Learning, we provide training, resources, and support to casual or part-time tutors, demonstrators and sessional assistants.
Introduction to Tutoring Programme
Are you new to casual tutoring at the University of Waikato? Have you tutored before, but would like a refresher? If so, join us for our self-paced tutoring programme. In 2023, we have five self-paced modules available. You can also sign up for our Tutoring Mailing List to hear about workshops and events throughout the year.
The online modules are:
Module 1: The Professional Sessional
If you are a new tutor, and you complete the Modules or participate in the introductory workshops, you can claim paid time. We suggest you allow around 2.5 hours to complete the modules.
You can register using this online form.
The e-Tuts team - a group of University of Waikato students who help staff and students with teaching and learning technology.
Book a consultation
- roles and responsibilities;
- managing and structuring tutorials;
- referring students to other support services;
- providing feedback and assessing students' work;
- engaging and dealing with students; and
- any other point related to your job role