Mrs Judith P. Mills
Lecturer - Mathematics Education
Adult Education; Assessment and Evaluation in Education; Curriculum; Learning and Education; Mathematics Education; Numeracy Learning; Teaching
Numeracy Teaching and Learning, Mathematics Education, Curriculum
Qualifications: MEd., DipEdL., AdvDipT.
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Mills, Mrs Judith||8754||judith||TL.1.01||Te Hononga Curriculum and Pedagogy|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room
Professional Knowledge of Teachers
Teaching of Numeracy
Teaching of Number - Multiplication & Division, and Fractions
Mills, J. P. (2016). Developing conceptual understanding of fractions with year five and six students. In B. White, M. Chinnappan, & S. Trenholm (Eds.), Proceedings of the 39th Annual Confrence of the Mathematics Education Research Group of Australaia (pp. 477-484). Conference held at University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia.
Mills, J. P. (2015). Professional knowledge required when teaching mathematics for numeracy in the multiplicative domain. In M. Marshman, V. Geiger, & A. Bennison (Eds.), 38th Annual Conference of Mathematics Education Research Group of Australasia; Mathematics Education in the Margins (pp. 429-436). Sunshine Coast: MERGA: MERGA.
Mills, J. P. (2015). Delightful division - Yeah right. In Primary Mathematics Association One Day Seminar 2015: Thinking Like A Mathematician, Waipuna Conference Centre, Auckland, New Zealand.
Mills, J. P. (2015). Professional knowledge required when teaching mathematics for numeracy in the multiplicative domain. In 38th Mathematics Education Research of Australasia Annual Conference, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia.
Find more research publications by Judith Mills