Ms Kerry Earl
Qualifications: BEd Cant, MEd Waik,
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Earl, Ms Kerry||4506||kearl||TT.6.08||Te Hononga Curriculum and Pedagogy|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room
After qualifying as a primary teacher in Christchurch I taught for 15 years mostly in New Zealand primary settings. I have also worked in eEducation research and development.
Currently I am a senior lecturer in the Faculty of Education and teach undergraduate compulsory papers in professional practice, curriculum and assessment, and optional papers on eEducation and curriculum integration. I also, at times, teach papers on ICT/eEducation and Middle Schooling at graduate level.
My research has looked at innovative practices and changes to teachers’ work. My PhD study is based on an interest in how people’s work is judged formally, by others and by ‘self’. To date I have supervised directed studies and masters theses on student voice, personalised learning, online learning, teachers’ beliefs about ICT, and teacher appraisal.
Earl Rinehart, K. (2017). Principals in relationship: Work, roles and positioning. In NZARE Conference 2017. Conference held at the University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand.
Price, G., & Earl, K. (2017). An interview: Making art as a dialogue with materials, moments and motivations. Teachers and Curriculum, 17(1), 101-108. Retrieved from http://tandc.ac.nz/tandc/article/view/309/274
Earl, K., & Swanson, C. (2017). Teaching is political: Introduction. Teachers and Curriculum, 17(1), 3-5. Retrieved from http://tandc.ac.nz/tandc/article/view/311/264 Open Access version: hdl:https://hdl.handle.net/10289/112
Rinehart, R. E., & Earl, K. (2016). Auto-, duo- and collaborative- ethnographies: caring in an audit culture climate. Qualitative Research Journal, 16(3).
Find more research publications by Kerry Earl