Dr Elmarie Kotzé
Qualifications: D Litt et Phil
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Room: Te Kura Toi Tangata Faculty of Education, Te Oranga, TT 510
Phone: +64 7 838 4466 ext 7961
- Morris, Brian (2015). Heterosexual couples, gender discourses, and the production of relational subjectivity.
- McMenamin, Donald (2014). New stories of identity: Alternatives to suspension and exclusion from school.
- Esler, Ireni (2011). Narratives in translation: Going beyond theoretical difference in supervision.
- Gibson, Alister (2011). Spirituality in principal leadership and its influence on teachers and teaching.
- Talbot, Wendy (2011). Relationship practices in a diverse and changing society.
- Yusoff, Yusmini Md. (2011). Counselling and religious and spiritual values: A Malaysian study.
- Crocket, Alastair (2010). Pakeha counsellors consider their positioning. A postcolonial praxis.
- Depree, Jim (in progress). Taping for therapeutic purposes in couples’ therapy.
- Snowdon, Jenny (in progress). “But I still love him”: Young women talk about love and violence.
- Graham, Judith (in progress). Secondary teachers foster the development of Key Competencies in incidental and unplanned moments.
- Ling, Sai Ang (in progress). Counselling clients with suicide ideation in Malaysia.
M Couns Theses
- Moneypenny, Paula (2013). A post-structural auto-ethnography: Storying self as event.
- Scott, Paula (2010). Positioning and re-positioning of individual and family relationships with anorexia/bulimia: An auto-ethnographical informed study.
- Sliedrecht, Susan (2007). Counselling patients with a spinal cord injury.
- Geldenhuys, T. (2004). Pastoral care and counselling as resistance to secondary traumatisation and power abuse in a faith based welfare organisation.
- Brink, A.M. (2003). “Lighting his way home”: Reflecting on pastoral conversations with a missing child’s mother.
- Martin, J.H.I. (2003). Carrying the torch of hope: Survivors’ narratives of trauma and spirituality.
- Millar, C.S. (2003). Wellness, pastoral care and women with new babies.
- Nel, M. (2003). Re-pastoring in a Dutch Reformed congregation: new meaning to old narratives.
- Schoeman. H.J. (2003). Restorative witnessing: A contextual and feminist praxis of healing.
- Stapelberg, L. (2003). Pastoral care and counselling as a reciprocal gift between counsellor and counselees.
- Tong, F. (2003). Pastoral narratives of bereavement care with men.
- van de Laar, D.J. (2003). Insiders or outsiders? Pastoral care with Christian gay women in a Methodist congregation.
- Claassen, L. (2002). Deconstructing “Coupledom” with young people.
- de Beer, W. (2002). Resisting violence, abuse and suffering: Creating communities of care with children.
- du Plessis, M. C. (2002). A deconstructing of depression and its power in people’s lives.
- Hulme, T. (2002). Transforming a school community: facilitators living values.
- Marais, J.F. (2002). Participatory action research and pastoral playful care with children: Challenging bullying.
- Morkel, E. (2002). When narratives create community: Standing with children against stealing.
- Nieuwmeyer, S.M. (2002). Women storying HIV/AIDS in community.
- Scrimgeour, E. (2002). Honouring sacred spaces: Voicing stories of terminal illness.
- Swanepoel, A, (2002). Making visible the elderly.
- van Duuren, L. A. (2002). Children’s voices on bereavement and loss.
- Wilkinson, K. L. (2002). Stories of survival in the wake of violence and abuse on the Cape flats.
- Basson, N.C. (2001). Narrative pastoral practice at a primary school.
- de Jager, E. (2001). Facilitators and learners: Co-creating a better understanding of one another.
- Grobbelaar, M.S. (2001). Stories of mothers with differently abled children.
- Gunter, R. (2001). A journey to healing: Conversations of women survivors of sexual abuse.
- Harrington, M. (2001). The stories women tell. Living with cancer and care.
- Janse van Vuuren, C.J.L. (2001). Narratives of abortion: A pastoral approach.
- Niehaus, E. (2001). Narratives of relationships/marriages.
- Skidmore, S.A. (2001). Re-authoring narratives in a divorce recovery ministry.
- Steyn, L. (2001). Empowering young people through narrative.
- Strydom, M. (2001). The church and caregivers of aids orphans.
- Gillomee, Y. (2000). Teenagers interviewing problems.
- Meiring, L. (2000). Renouncing racism in a Dutch Reformed congregation.
- Van Dyk, A. (2000). Voices of women and children who have experienced abuse.
- Viljoen, H. J. (2000). Deconstructing trauma and racism at a police station.
- Kulasingham, A. (2013). Re-authoring family relationships: An auto-ethnographic study on dialogical conversation and repositioning.
- Scott, B. (2012). Writing as embodiment: Examining the effects of writing and witnessing on growing kindness/compassion in relationship with women’s bodies.
- Wasson, K. (2011). Drug and alcohol programmes offering secondary prevention intervention to “in-risk” adolescents within secondary schools.
- Marsden, V. (2008). Lesbian reflections on past counselling experiences.
- Snowdon, J. (2007). Mothering at the edge: Conversations with non-resident mothers.
- King, C. (2005). Places between and in two worlds. The construction of identity with a cochlear implant.
MEd Dissertations - ( 6 )
Ling, S. A., Kotze, E., & Crocket, K. (2019). Cultural knowledge and professional language: Counselling in the context of suicidal ideation. In A. H. M. Hussin, R. A. Kadir, N. S. Zakaria, M. M. Harun, N. Subarimaniam, A. Ismail, & O. Jailani (Eds.), Konvensyen Kaunseling Kebangsaan Kali Ke 21 (pp. 583-594). Perkama International.
Kotze, E. (2019). Rich story development: What values are woven in identity stories. In The Science of Personalised Value Development Through Adolescence Symposium. Tokyo, Japan.
Kotze, E. (2019). Qualitative research for postgraduates. In Graduate Students Seminar. Tokyo, Japan.
Kotze, E. (2019). Kokoro: Narrative Therapy. In Kokoro: Narative Therapy Workshop. Tokoyo, Japan.
Find more research publications by Elmarie Kotzé