If you plan to have more than one set of groups in your Moodle paper (e.g. students will be grouped differently for forums, group assignments and tutorials), create the groups, then collect them into Groupings (groups of groups).
- Select the Groupings tab, then select Create grouping.
Select the person icon at the right of the Grouping name.
- Select relevant groups in the box on the right, then select Add.
- Scroll down and select Back to groupings to check that all relevant Groups are now listed as members of the Grouping.
- Go to the Moodle Assignment or Activity, select the cog icon on the right, then Edit settings.
- Open the Group submission settings, then choose the relevant grouping in the Grouping for student groups drop-down menu.
- Finally, scroll down and Save and display or Save and return to paper.