Paper Outlines Wizard 5:
Add Paper Information
- After you use Wizards 1 to 4 to set up your paper, use Wizard 5 to enter additional information. See How Paper Outlines work.
- Your Paper Outline will be partially populated from information in MyWaikato and Timetables. Wizard 5 allows you to enter additional information. See Paper Outlines interim changes.
- The first time that you develop an outline for a particular paper you will need to enter information in most sections, especially as some fields have been renamed, combined, or deleted. See Paper Outlines interim changes.
- You can type content directly into the text boxes, or copy and paste from previous Paper Outlines (You may find that this page redirects to the 2024 Catalogue of Papers during the transition to the new system; you can Search or Browse for 2023 and earlier Paper Outlines from the 2024 Catalogue of Papers.)
- To the right of most of the headings in this wizard you will find question mark icons. Select these to access help on the information to enter in each section.
Access the wizard
- At the top right of your Moodle paper, toggle Edit mode on.
- At the top left of your Moodle paper, select the Paper Setup Wizards tab.
- In the drop-down menu, select 5. Add Paper Information.
Add paper information
- See Paper Outlines interim changes for a summary of 2023 changes to the paper information fields.
- Only sections with an asterisk are compulsory.
- See the Paper Outlines dashboard to view and copy relevant information from published Paper Outlines. (You may find that this page redirects to the 2024 Catalogue of Papers during the transition to the new system; you can Search or Browse for 2023 and earlier Paper Outlines from the 2024 Catalogue of Papers.)
- To ensure that students are able to see important information about their assessments, please include the following details in the How this paper will be taught section:
- Gradebook category weightings; the category calculation if you are taking the best of each student's assessment results in a particular category, or students don't need to do all the assessments, e.g. students are doing 5 quizzes and you will include their best 3 results.
- Assessment weights and if any are compulsory, i.e. students will fail the paper if they do not submit an assessment item.
- The submission method column was not working reliably and has been temporarily removed from the Assessments table. Please include submission methods in the How you will be assessed section; and/or include the information in the Description box of the Moodle assessment item, and ask students to check Moodle for submission methods; and/or include the submission method in the assessment name, e.g. 'Presentation (In class, 10%)'.
- Enter the required information in the text boxes.
- Towards the top right of the screen, select Save Changes.
Close the wizard
At the top right of the screen, select Close Wizard.
- It's a good idea to use the Close Wizard button, rather than just closing the browser tab, because if you have unsaved changes it will trigger a reminder.
- You can have all the wizard browser tabs open at the same time.
- To move on to Wizard 6, either close the Wizard 5 browser tab, or select your Moodle paper browser tab.
Moodle and Panopto are unavailable every Thursday 7:00 am – 7:30 am.