Paper Outlines: interim format changes
Some minor format changes have been implemented in 2023 to prepare for the transition to the new Paper Outlines system.
Summary of changes
- Learning outcomes are now drawn from MyWaikato.
- The order of some items has changed. For example, Topics and Schedule have moved up and are now immediately after Timetable.
- Some sections have been renamed and/or combined into a single section. For example, Paper Structure is now called How this paper will be taught.
- Some sections have been removed.
You can copy and paste any information that you wish to reuse from previous Paper Outlines into the new sections, or enter new information.
Details of changes
See the May 17 Paper Information Project message to staff for more details.
Learning Outcomes are now stored in MyWaikato.
- If you need to make significant changes to learning outcomes for a paper, please use Curriculum Manager.
- Minor editorial changes or corrections can be emailed directly to the Academic Office.
Timetable details now flow directly from SITS through to Paper Outlines.
To update or correct please email Timetable.
Renamed and combined sections
Note: Some sections generated at University level have also been renamed or reordered. As previously, you can add your own information to many of these sections. .
- What this paper is about replaces the previous Introduction and Paper Description Sections.
- How this paper will be taught replaces Paper Structure. If you wish, you can include any additional Workload and Timetable information here, including anything specific about lectures, tutorials or labs.
- What you will study replaces Schedule and includes information from the previous Topics section.
- You will need to have includes information from the previous sections Recommended Readings, Other Resources and Health and Safety Equipment to Purchase. You will find it under Required Readings.
- How you will be assessed is a high level summary of each item of assessment. It replaces the Assessments heading.
- Student support should now include any additional information that you previously provided under Online Support.
- How achievement will be measured
- Assignment submission and collection procedure
- Additional Information
- Online Support
- Linkages to Other Papers
- Division and Paper Level University Regulations
- Division and Paper Level Academic Integrity
- Division and Paper Level Complaints Procedures
These changes will be retained in the new system.
As always, you can bring any questions to Te Puna Ako/CeTTL's twice-daily “Ask Me Anything” Zoom sessions. These run 9-10 a.m. and 3-4 p.m. every weekday. Join us on Zoom at the following link: https://waikato.ac.nz/go/AMA