Mapping Zoom to Panopto
Did you know you can automatically transfer your Zoom cloud recording to your paper Panopto folder? If you follow these steps, you won't have to worry about transferring your recording to a paper folder manually.
First, you'll need to schedule a Zoom session in Moodle. An 11-digit meeting ID is assigned with an immediate or recurring session and can be found on the Zoom account page with the same name or under the Zoom activity setting on the Moodle page. Please note that each meeting ID is unique to each meeting and it is automatically created by Zoom.
- Go to your Moodle paper and select “Zoom meeting” activity
- "Join link" should be copied and pasted into the browser's URL. The only number we require is the meeting ID. By copying the link into Bowser URL, you will be able to retrieve only the meeting ID
- You may also find the meeting ID on the University Zoom account page. To get there, go to the university landing page and then to the staff profile page and click on the Zoom icon under quick links.
- Select “meetings” from the left menu
- Copy the meeting ID, then double-check that the meeting ID and name match the ones on Moodle
- Once you have the meeting ID go to your Panopto home page.
- If you haven't already, please sign in. After signing in, your profile initial (e.g. EE for e-Tuts) should appear on the Panopto main page, and you should be able to see all of the papers that you are teaching
- Click on your profile initial on the top right corner and go select use setting from the drop-down menu.
- Look for "Meeting import settings" in the user settings pop-up screen. The default option should be correct and there should be no need to change it. To ensure that it is valid, ensure that the "Default folder" is set to "Meeting recordings" and the "Meeting mapping source" is set to Zoom. If you are mapping for the first time then the list should be empty. Select “Add new” to continue.
- Following the selection of "Add new," two new fields will appear; the meeting ID copied in the previous stages should be pasted into the "Meeting ID" box, and the paper folder should be selected from the drop down menu and saved.
Moodle and Panopto are unavailable every Thursday 7:00 am – 7:30 am.