Enabling RSS feed for a paper
If you want the participants of your paper to choose to receive notifications about new recordings that you upload to the paper, you can enable the RSS feed in Panopto. The participants will then be able to connect the paper to their iTunes account to be able to download and view them via iTunes.
- Go to http://coursecast.its.waikato.ac.nz. In the Sign in using the drop-down menu, select elearn then select Sign in.
- Log in with a standard Waikato username and password.
- Select Browse then My Folders on the left side of the page, find the paper you want to enable the RSS feed for. Right click on it and select Settings.
- In the Settings tab, tick the Enable podcast feed box. The modification will be saved automatically.
- In Moodle, the option to subscribe to the audio or video RSS feed now appears in the Panopto block of the corresponding paper.
Note: By default, the RSS feed is enabled for a new paper. You can follow those same steps to disable it if you wish by unticking the Enable podcast feed box.