Creating a student assignment folder in Panopto
You can create a folder in Panopto where students can record or upload video or audio for an assignment.
They will need to follow the Create a recording or the Upload recordings how-tos in order to submit their video in the assignment folder. Accepted file types include: .wmv, .asf, .wma, .flv, .f4v, .f4a, .mpg, .mpeg, .mp4, .m4a, .m4v, .3gp, .mov, .qt
- Go to the University of Waikato's Panopto server: http://coursecast.its.waikato.ac.nz
- Select Sign in using elearn.
- Sign in with your standard Waikato username and password.
- Select Browse, then My Folders to open the list of folders you have access to.
- Right-click on the folder to which you wish to add the assignments, then select Settings.
- Select Overview at the top left of the pop-up window, then select Create Assignment Folder.
Note: The assignment folder will appear as a sub-folder of the paper folder you created it from, with an [assignments] suffix. You may wish to change the folder name to make it easier to identify.
To change folder settings, including the name, select the folder, then the Settings cog at the top right of the page.