Sharing an individual Panopto recording
- Go to the University of Waikato's Panopto server: https://waikato.au.panopto.com
- Select Sign in using eLearn.
- In the left-hand side menu select Browse, then select My Folders, then select the folder that contains the recording you want to share.
- Hover your pointer over the recording you want to share: this will make several options appear under the title of the recording. Select Share.
- In the Share tab, you will see that you can specify the type of access you allow for this recording. By default, it is set to Specific people, with the list of people and groups of people that you granted access to the recording showing underneath.
- Finally, you can choose another type of access restriction for your recording: select the drop-down arrow on the right of Specific people and you will see these other options appear.
- Anyone at your organization with the link: the person trying to access the recording must be logged in with a University of Waikato account and you must sent them the sharing link via email (available in the Link box above) so that they can find the recording.
- Anyone at your organization: the person trying to access the recording must be logged in with a University of Waikato account bust they do not need you to send them the link to the recording to find it.
- Anyone with the link: the person trying to access the recording does not need a University of Waikato account to access the recording, but still needs you to send them the link of the recording to find it.
- Public on the web: anyone looking for this recording on the Internet can find and access it.
You can decide to add more people or groups of people to this list: start typing their name in the Invite people box. To invite a whole group, start typing the name of the corresponding paper. Then select the name you were looking for from the list.
Once you have selected one or more people or groups, you can decide to notify them by ticking the Notify people by email box then typing a notification message. When you are done, hit Send and save changes. You will see the new people and groups added to the list above.
Note: you can follow the same process to share a whole folder (except your personal folder My folder, which cannot be shared). The Share option is under the cog opposite the name of the folder: select it, and you will see a Share tab in the pop-up window, which has the same features as the Share tab for a single recording.