Recurrent meetings (e.g. lectures)
Note: a recent Zoom update has changed the default meeting Recurrence to Daily instead of No fixed time. We recommend you change the Recurrence to No fixed time to avoid issues.
1. In your Moodle paper, go to the Zoom meeting Settings.
2. Open the Schedule menu.
3. Change the Recurrence to No Fixed Time in the drop down menu.
Recording lectures via Zoom
We strongly recommend that you record all Zoom lectures to the cloud.
Only the Host, and any Alternative Host(s), can record Zoom sessions. There are some steps you should take to ensure that you, and anyone who may need to record a lecture in your papers, have hosting privileges.
- Before using Zoom as a Host, visit the Staff Landing page https://www.waikato.ac.nz/landing/staff.shtml
Note: Students who require hosting privileges should visit the Student Landing page https://www.waikato.ac.nz/landing/student.shtml
On the left hand side, in the Quick Links menu, select Zoom. This ensures Zoom recognises who you are and your associated hosting privileges. Now go to Moodle and start the Zoom meeting.
- To enable other people to record Zoom sessions, add them as Alternative Hosts when you set up the Zoom activity in Moodle.
- enter the Alternative Hosts' email addresses in the format:
- Do not use the full name version of their address (i.e. [email protected] ).
- To add several people, separate the email addresses with commas, leaving no spaces.
- If a user is not found, ask them to log in to Zoom using the Staff Landing page, then try again.
- You can edit the list of Alternative Hosts at any time by going to the Edit settings menu of the Zoom activity in Moodle.
When teaching, you can select Mute all on the Participants panel to avoid being distracted by Participants who forget to mute themselves.
- At the bottom of the Zoom window, select Participants.
- At the bottom of the Participants panel, select Mute all.
See these pages for more information on using Zoom at the University of Waikato.
Zoom help for students is also available.