International Student Support Coordinator
My name is Hao Truong.
I first came to New Zealand to study IELTS Preparation as an international student, then I went on to tertiary study at Victoria University of Wellington, majoring in Marketing.
Like you, I experienced culture shock after arriving in NZ, and dealt with many unexpected issues while settling into NZ's unique lifestyle. So I can relate to all of you who come to study in New Zealand from different countries and various cultural backgrounds. My work experience also includes the NZ International Education sector for the past five years, working as Student Support in two different New Zealand language schools.
Having been appointed as the International Student Support Coordinator for the Faculty, I am greatly looking forward to assisting you as your first point of contact, to ensure that help is always available where and when you need it. I will make sure you get the best possible guidance to help you through your studies and help you integrate into the New Zealand tertiary environment.
Please feel free to make an appointment to meet with me if you have any issues or concerns you would like to discuss.
I hope you will find these suggestions helpful in assisting you to make the most of your studies within the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences:
- Attend all lectures and tutorials
- Keep your contact details up-to-date by logging onto i-Waikato
- Come and talk with me as soon as possible if there is anything concerning you
- Make full use of the Student Support services, including the International Tutors in K2.18
- Participate in the Faculty’s events and activities for International Students to meet other students and staff.
I hope you have an enjoyable experience during your stay and time studying at the Faculty, and wish you all the best of efforts in achieving your goals.
Phone:+64 7 838 4364
Email: [email protected]