Qualifications: PGDipFA Auckland; MFineArts Auckland
Senior Lecturer / Pūkenga Matua
- Developing a research platform in the area of creative research as an epistemic - a coalescence of Western action and Indigenous contemplation
- Enquiry practice links praxis and theory - site, issue, response
- On-going visual research in the Māori Fibre Arts and connections to cultural identity
- Teaching in creative practice environments and motivational issues that arise from that context
- Te Pā Harakeke as a model for whānau ora
- Digital and time-based & interactive media in practice and design pedagogy
- Kaupapa Māori research informing design practice and pedagogy
A weaver, a designer, a teacher, a mother, an artist and a closet chef.
MFA – Sculpture: Whitecliffe College of Art & Design-thesis: Weaving the Skin, 2005.
PG Dip FA – Elam School of Art-specialty: Sculpture in Raranga.
MMAC321 - Māori Media: Challenges of Representation
TIKA151 - Te Raranga Kete: Introduction to Māori Fibre Arts
TIKA211 - He Taonga Tuku Iho: Evolving Māori and Pacific Art
TIKA251 - Raranga Whakairo: Design Elements in Māori Fibre Arts
TTWA150 - Te Tiriti o Waitangi: An Introduction to the Treaty of Waitangi
Campbell, D. (2019). Te Rā the sail, last of its kind. In The Spinoff. Retrieved from https://thespinoff.co.nz/
Campbell, D. (2019). Vessel I. Harakeke [Exhibition: Ka Hakina: Navigating the Present - Waikato Museum] [woven sculptural garment]. Waikato Museum, Hamilton, New Zealand: Waikato Museum te Whare Taonga o Waikato.
Campbell, D. (2019). Kura: Embodied Mana Wahine (No. Of Pieces: 9 sculptural garments) [Curator and weaver]. Ramp Gallery, Hamilton, New Zealand. Retrieved from https://vimeo.com/318915645
Campbell, D. (2019). Ko te mana o ngā kairaranga whatu. Relaunch, reframe, remember, and revision (Te Rā: The Māori Sail). Retrieved from https://teraa.co.nz/
Find more research publications by Donna Campbell
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Campbell, Ms Donna||9557||dcampbel||ITS.G.10||Te Pua Wananga ki te Ao|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room