Assoc. Prof. Te Kahautu Maxwell
Iwi: Te Whakatohea, Ngāti Awa, Ngāi Tai, Te Whānau-a-Apanui, Ngātii Porou, Ngāti Maniapoto, Tuhoe
Qualifications: BA Waikato, BMPA Awanuiarangi, MA Waikato
Associate Professor / Manukura
Māori Religion; Te Haahi Ringatū; Karakia (Māori Prayers), Ngā Mōteatea (Ancient Māori Song); Building Cultural Capital, Tangihanga, Death and Dying), Te Reo Māori, Kapa Haka (Traditional Māori Performing Arts), Composition, Toi Māori (Māori Art), Māori Literature, Māori Prophets, Māori Prophecy
Te tangata nāna i noho Whakarua
Kārangaranga te muri
Ka tutū ngā tamatea o te moana
E ko au! Ko au! Ko au tēnei!
- Ngarimu VC & 28th (Māori) Battalion Memorial Doctoral Scholarship
- 2010 Inaugural award for Sustained Excellence in Teaching in a Kaupapa Māori Context, AKO AOTEAROA National Centre for Tertiary Teaching Excellence
- 2013 APRA Silver Scroll Maioha Award – recognising excellence in contemporary Māori music and to acknowledge waiata (song) in, or strongly featuring Te Reo Māori
- 1997- Te Matatini Society Incorporated
- 2000- Mataatua Kapa Haka Incorporated
- 2004- Maraetai 11 Incorporation
- 2008- 2015 Te Waka Toi the Māori arts board of Creative New Zealand Arts Council
- 2011- Te Paepae Motuhake Independent Panel of the Ministerial Review of the Māori Language Strategy and Sector
- 2011- The Whakatōhea Māori Trust Board
- 2009- Te Matatini Executive Board
- 2013- Chairman Ringatu Wainui Incorporration
- 2012 Te Kotahi Research Institute
- 2014- Tekaumarua The Council of King Tuheitia
Maori; Maori Arts; Maori Culture/Tikanga; Maori Development; Maori Governance; Maori History; Maori Identity; Maori Land and Community; Maori Language
Roskruge, M., Morrison, S. L., & Maxwell, T. (2017). Measuring the value of the contribution of Māori language and culture to the New Zealand economy. Wellington, New Zealand: Te Taura Whiri i Te Reo Māori: Māori Language Commission. Retrieved from http://www.tetaurawhiri.govt.nz/
Takerei, M., & Maxwell, T. K. K. (2017). Kiingitanga: The untold story. In World Indigenous Peoples Conference on Education (WIPCE): A Celebration of Resilience. Conference held at Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Maxwell, T. (2017). Te Tarata. Te Kōtihitihi: Ngā Tuhinga Reo Māori, 4, 118-120.
Takerei, M., & Maxwell, T. K. K. (2017). Kiingitanga: Our culture. In World Indigenous Peoples Conference on Education: A Celebration of Resilience. Conference held at Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Contact DetailsRoom: A1.10
Phone: 07 858 9561