How to Enrol

Online/Offshore students 2020

For students who are studying with us online until they can join us in New Zealand, please refer to the Offshore/online Student Enrolment Guide for steps on how to complete your enrolment.

On campus/New Zealand based students

Follow the steps below to complete your enrolment with us. You may also refer to the On-campus Student Enrolment Guide.

  1. Visit to the Student Centre, Hamilton or Student Hub, Tauranga

    If you are studying at our Hamilton Campus, make your way to the Administration counter on Level 2 of the Student Centre. If you are studying at our Tauranga Campus, make your way to the Student Hub on Level 2. Make sure you have all of the required documents (originals and verified documents) available for our enrolment team to complete your enrolment as quickly as possible.

    Documents required often include - check your offer letter to see if you need to bring any of these along:

    • Academic Transcripts
    • Graduation Certificates
    • English Language Results
    • Passport
    • Insurance Documentation
    • Valid Student Visa
  2. Paper Selection

    If you need paper selection advice, meet with a student adviser at the Student Centre in Hamilton or The Hub in Tauranga. If all of your papers have been approved - then please progress to step 3.

  3. Complete your enrolment through MyWaikato

    Once you receive a formal offer and your papers have been added and approved, you can complete your enrolment through the MyWaikato portal.

  4. Obtain your Student ID

    Collect your student ID card from the Student Centre or The Hub. You need your student ID card for access to our library, computers and other University facilities. You will need to show your receipt from Payments at the ID station.

    *Under NZ Immigration Law, every international student must provide evidence of appropriate Medical and Travel Insurance. You will automatically be enrolled and charged for Studentsafe University insurance unless you provide us with an alternative approved policy at least two weeks before classes begin.

Scholarship students

For students who are on a scholarship, it is important that you come to International Student Services Office (located in the Student Centre) and meet with your dedicated scholarship adviser. They will be able to offer specialist support and advice while you are studying as it relates to your scholarship.

Student Exchange and Study Abroad students

The International Student Services Office provides support for incoming students who attend the University of Waikato and a dedicated Exchange and Study Abroad Advisor for your time here. The Advisor will contact you prior to your arrival, provide an information session on your arrival and will remain in contact throughout the trimester. You will receive an email from the advisor providing you with information on where to go to complete your enrolment and what you will need to bring, which differs from the list above.

Please contact Bianca Nichol if you have any questions.

International Student Advisor - Study Abroad & Exchange
Phone: +64 7 837 9529
Email: [email protected]

Certificate of University Preparation students

International students undertaking the Certificate of University Preparation are asked to go to the Student Centre at the Hamilton Campus in the first instance, as we will need to site your visa so remember to bring your passport.

Foundation Studies students

International students undertaking the Certificate of Foundation Studies are asked to go to the Waikato Pathways College at the Hamilton Campus. We will need to site your visa so remember to bring your passport.


Email: [email protected]
Phone: + 64 7 856 2889